Dried Porcini Mushrooms
If you like strong flavours, then you’ll love our Porcini Mushrooms. Simple to prepare - just soak in warm water for 30 minutes. The remaining liquid can then be used to add extra flavour to your recipe. Alternatively, add at the start of cooking, for example with rice and casseroles.
Their taste and texture will make the difference to stir fries, omelettes and pasta.
This product is:
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Suitable for vegans
- A flavour-filled pizza topping - fry Porcini Mushrooms in olive oil with garlic and thyme before topping your pizza or adding to tarts and quiches
- Add Porcini Mushrooms to a basic risotto recipe, but don’t forget the Porcini liquid – use this to cook the rice
- For an extra special breakfast serve sautéed Porcini Mushrooms with lightly poached eggs on hot, buttered bagels
- Add flavour to your gravies, sauces and casseroles by adding chopped Porcini and their liquid
- Try soaking them in red wine for a rich, boozy flavour
- The Co-op