10% off Restaurant-Style Cuisine Delivery Boxes!
We have a special offer on a variety of pre-packed cuisine boxes once destined for your favourite high street eateries, which are now available for you to buy!
In light of the Covid 19 crisis sweeping across the nation, supermarket shopping has taken on a whole new meaning, with queues, shortages, panic buying and delays to name but a few issues you may come across in your weekly shop. In these difficult times you, our valued customers, are also no longer able to go out to your favourite places to access our tasty meals. We want to make them available to you as long-standing supporters of Merchant Gourmet and bring them straight to your doorstep.
We are very please to announce the launch of the Restaurant Cuisine Delivery Boxes by our parent company Leathams Ltd. Having serviced UK restaurants, cafes and pubs for the last 30 years, with high quality ingredients, these ingredients now need a new home. Our talented chefs have put together fantastic value food boxes with bespoke recipes and quality produce to help you create delicious meals at home. While you are staying in, let Merchant Gourmet and Leathams bring some of your favourite restaurant meals to you!
1. Italian Box (£45) – A great selection of Italian Classics incl cured meats, cheeses, pasta and much more!
2. Spanish Box (£50) – A Spanish extravaganza of shellfish, cured meats and vegetables – perfect for a tapas evening!
3. Asian Box (£40) – A mix of your favourite Asian products incl tofu, kimchi and edamame beans to bring a taste of South East Asia to your kitchen (See recipe inspo below)
4. Store Cupboard Box (£45) – A huge selection of products that every store cupboard needs for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
You can place your order HERE
We are offering a 10% discount if you order before 22nd April. Simply use “Intro10” when you checkout.
Delivery is currently available within the M25 only and is FREE .
Delivery will be the next working day on all orders received before 3pm.
Asian Box Recipe:
- 360g Brown, Red and Wild Rice
- 500g BBQ Pulled Pork
- 300g Organic Tofu
- 100ml Citrus juice (lime, orange or lemon)
- 100g Kimchi
- 1 Carrot – Finely sliced
- 4 Portions of ‘greens’ – cabbage, spinach or kale etc
- 20ml Soy Sauce
- 4 Eggs
- Crispy onion to garnish
- Pickles to garnish
- Sriracha Sauce – to taste!
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c
- Cook the rice in salted boiling water. This will take about 35 minutes
- Dice 300g of Tofu (approximately 2cm) and marinate in the citrus juice with 50ml of Sriracha sauce for about 30 minutes… The leftover tofu can be kept in water, in a sealed container for 5 days
The next steps should be done in an order where they are all coming together hot at roughly the same time. Don’t worry if this isn’t exact, we kept some of the ingredients warm while we finished the others…
- Place the pulled pork on an oven tray and cook for 10-12 minutes, until piping hot and beginning to caramelise
- Remove the Tofu from the marinade and in a hot, non-stick frying pan, fry for 3-4 minutes, or until hot and slightly caramelised on the outside
- Stir fry the greens, adding the soy sauce at the end of the cooking
- Blanch the carrots until slightly softened and heated through
- Fry the eggs
- If you would like to add some pickles (they work really well!) you can create delicious homemade pickles with radishes or red onion, marinated in some citrus juice or vinegar for half an hour, or longer…
- Assemble the dish! Put everything together in the bowl. Top with the egg, the crispy onions, the sriracha (to taste!) and pickles, if you’ve made them. Enjoy!!