Top 10 Veggie recipes
Keen to eat less meat and more veggies but don’t want to feel like you’re missing out? It’s National Vegetarian Week 15th – 21st May and we think pulses and grains are amazing alternatives to meat in most dishes so we’ve picked our top ten veggie recipes to help you on your way to completing one meat free week!
- Beluga lentil burgers with spicy sriracha mayo
These burgers are a favourite of ours, they look like a burger but taste even better! Add a little spicy Sriracha to your mayo for an added kick.
- Courgette and Halloumi Salad with Puy Lentils
Puy Lentils keep their shape and firm bite much better than other lentils and work wonderfully as a base to this fresh salad keeping you fuller for longer.
- Chickpea and sweet potato Curry with aromatic Indian inspired rice and lentils
Skip the takeaway and make your own, healthier ‘fakeaway’! Add beautiful flavours with our aromatic lightly spiced Indian flavoured rice and lentils!
- Herby Quinoa falafel
These taste so much better when you make your own! Perfect, filling for a snack or with homemade hummus for lunch!
- Sweet potato and Tomatoey French Lentil fritters
The tomato and basil flavour of the lentils makes them tasty and super quick to make!
- Chestnut puree and Puy lentil ‘no meat’ meatballs
An incredible recipe from our cook Alex Mackay, these ‘no meat’ meatballs have so much meaty flavour and texture, but without the meat!
- Vegetable tagine with Glorious Grains
This veggie tagine packs a punch of aromatic flavour! No lamb needed!
- Spiced halloumi with aromatic Indian inspired rice and lentils
Quick and easy, perfect for a mid week meal or a summer time BBQ!
- Feta, spinach and smoky Spanish style grains and rice
The smoky Spanish flavours work so well with the salty feta and crisp pastry, perfect meat free canapes for wowing friends at dinner parties and BBQ’s!
- Beluga lentil and black bean chilli
This recipe is great for the whole family, the lentils and beans add protein and it make for a great veggie version of the meaty classic.