- Is wholewheat giant couscous suitable for vegetarians and vegans?
Yes. For a great vegan wholewheat giant couscous recipe with a super vegan trick to replace cream with tomato puree, try it in this recipe for Sun dried Tomato and Rocket Wholewheat Giant Couscouszotto !
- Can you use whole wheat giant couscous in place of white couscous?
Yes you can. The whole wheat giant couscous takes 2-3 minutes longer to cook.
- What is the best way to cook wholewheat giant couscous?
For the best flavour, add double the amount of water or stock to the giant couscous, then simmer it slowly for 12-14 minutes adding more liquid if you need to. Season, then leave to sit for 2-4 minutes before serving.
- What is the quickest way to cook wholewheat giant couscous
Add the couscous to a large pan of boiling salted water. Put a lid on the pan. Boil for 8-10 minutes until the giant couscous is tender. Strain through a sieve. Put the giant couscous back into the pan, season to taste. Serve.
- Can I cook wholewheat giant couscous the day before a serving it? It says serve straight away on the pack!
Yes. Once the giant couscous is cooked you need to spread it flat in a tray and cool it as quickly as possible. Add a little olive oil if it starts to stick together. The ideal way to heat it up is in your microwave.
//php get_template_part( 'parts/general/newsletter-sign-up' ); ?>