Puy Lentil & Sausage Hot Pot
Slow-simmered Puy Lentils, carrots and tasty chipolatas in a decadently rich sauce sprinkled with thyme. OMGenius!
– By Alex Mackay
Suitable for gluten-free
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 10 pork chipolatas
- 200g peeled small Chantenay carrots
- 20g butter
- 350ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 15g dried porcini
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp cornflour diluted in 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200c/Gas 6/ Middle Shelf
2. Fry the chipolatas over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown
3.Put the chipolatas on a plate next to your cooker
4. Add the stock, soy sauce, porcini and tomato puree to the pan
5. Bring to the boil Simmer for 3 minutes
6. Gently stir in the Puy lentils
7. Add the chipolatas back to the pan
8. Bring to the boil
9. Put the pan in the oven for 10 minutes
10. Stir in the diluted cornflour and then bring back to the boil
11. While the chipolatas cook, put the carrots into a small saucepan with the butter and just enough water to cover them
12. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the carrots are soft
13. Take the lid off, turn up the heat and boil until the liquid has evaporated and the carrots are glazed in the butter. Season
12. Season the lentils and sauce to taste, add the carrots to the pan, stir the half of the thyme, sprinkle the rest over the top
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!