Plant-base Paella with Smoky Spanish Style Grains
A plant-based paella with all the flavours and textures of the traditional seafood dish, except with this recipe the grains have been cooked for you so there’s no hassle with aborio rice sticking to the bottom of the pan! Perfect for stress free, mid-week family meals.
This recipe is:
- Low in fat
- Low in saturated fat
- Low in sugars
- Source of protein
- Source of fibre
- High in vitamin C
- Source of maganese
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 white onion (finely diced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 large or 2 small courgettes (sliced)
- 150g peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 x 250g Pouches of Merchant Gourmet Spanish Style Grains & Rice
- 1 lemon
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Fresh parsley
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- In a large saucepan on a medium heat add a glug of oil along with the diced onion.
- Sauté for a few minutes until it starts to become translucent.
- Next add the sliced peppers, courgettes and peas along with the paprika and salt.
- Stir frequently and after 5 minutes add the Spanish Style Grains, vegetable stock and juice from 1/2 a lemon.
- Leave to simmer stirring frequently for a further 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and the remaining lemon wedges.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!