Bacon and Parmesan Quinoa Arancini
A lighter version of the classic which are usually made with risotto rice and are deep fried, these quinoa arancini are seriously yummy, ideal for a quick midweek meal or a snack!
Suitable for dairy-free
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Red & White Quinoa
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 rashers of bacon
- 75g parmigiano reggiano
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 2 egg whites
- a drizzle of chilli infused olive oil
- Sprinkle of plain flour
- Salad to garnish
1. Heat the opened pouch in the microwave for two minutes, pour into a mixing bowl then allow to thoroughly cool
2. Whilst cooling, grill the bacon on a high heat until crisp and easy to break apart
3. Finely chop the garlic and basil and chop the bacon into small pieces. Grate the Parmesan into the mixing bowl of cooled quinoa. Drizzle over the chilli infused olive oil
4. Add two egg whites into the mixture and stir so all the ingredients are evenly distributed
5. Using your hands, mould the mixture into three or four even sized balls. Dust each ball lightly with flour and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes on 200⁰C
6. Serve the quinoa balls on a bed of salad
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!