Baked Butternut Squash with Beluga Lentils
Beluga lentils perfectly paired with tangy sundried tomatoes and a medley of vegetables stuffed into sweet butternut squash for a mouth-watering light supper or lunch. An easy plant based dish straight from the oven to table that is high in fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals. Simple ingredients made delicious!
By Kal Ratcliffe
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, halved and deseeded (approx. 900g)
- 4 medium sized mushrooms, cubed (approx. 80g)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small courgette, cubed (approx. 150g)
- 35g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Beluga lentils
- 50g pine nuts
- ¼ tsp Mara Seaweed Shony
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C.
- Place the butternut squash halves on a baking tray. Brush with a little olive oil, season and bake for 30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the mushrooms, onions and courgettes for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, lentils and pine nuts and cook for a few minutes adding seasoning to taste.
- Remove from the heat and top the butternut with the lentil mixture. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with dressed rocket leaves.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!