Baked Cheesy Peppers with Spicy Cajun Style Lentils and Kidney beans
Stuffed peppers are an excellent quick and simple meal for when you’re short on time and want to eat something nutritious. However, quick and simple shouldn’t mean you have to compromise on taste! This recipe is full of Cajun flavour from the Lentils and Kidney beans, which means the taste factor is already guaranteed with no extra work needed.
This recipe is high in fibre and low in sugar
Suitable for vegans
- 4 x seeded and halved peppers (red, green or yellow is fine)
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Spicy Cajun -Style Lentils and Red Kidney Beans
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Glorious Grains
- 100g plant-based Red Leicester cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Green salad
1. pre-heat oven at 200°C.
2. Place halved and seeded peppers in a high sided oven proof dish.
3. Fill the peppers with a spoonful or two or the Glorious Grains then cover the dish with tin foil. Put the tray in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the peppers are just cooked.
4. Heat the Spicy Cajun-Style Lentils & Red Kidney Beans as per pack instructions, then pour on top of the grain filled peppers.
5. sprinkle on the cheese and then bake in the oven (no foil) for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley and a generous green salad
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!