Balsamic Mushrooms and Tomatoey Lentil Avo Smash
This recipe is an amazing, nutritious alternative to the classic baked beans on toast, a delicious plant-based recipe that can be eaten any time of the day!
This recipe is:
- Low in saturated fat
- Low in sugar
- Source of fibre
- Source of protein
- Source of folate
- Source of potassium
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 2 large field mushrooms
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1 x 250g pouch Merchant Gourmet Tomatoey Puy & French Lentils
- 100g tomato passata
- 1 avocado
- 2-4 slices thick sourdough bread
- Salt and black pepper
- To serve: fresh green leaves, tahini, sesame seeds, chilli flakes, fresh tomatoes
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Preheat the grill to high. Rub the balsamic glaze over the mushrooms and grill for 10-15 minutes, flipping over halfway through until tender and juicy.
- Meanwhile add the Tomatoey French Lentils to a saucepan with the tomato passata and warm through.
- Mash the avocado with a fork, seasoning with salt and black pepper. Toast the bread and top with the smashed avocado, warmed lentils and the balsamic mushroom. Serve with some green salad leaves, a drizzle of tahini and any extra seeds, chilli flakes and tomatoes.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!