Beluga lentil and mushroom pot pies
Delicious, rich and full of goodness, these Beluga Lentil and Mushroom Pot pies are perfect for a plant based meal.
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 80g mushrooms, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- The leaves of 6/7 thyme stalks
- 1 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Beluga Lentils
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 190ml vegan red wine
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 roll of puff pastry
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Preheat the oven to 190°. Heat some oil in a pan. Add the carrots and onions and soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute before adding the mushrooms.
- Stir in the tomato purée and cook for another minute before adding the lentils. Add the wine and allow to cook out for a couple of minutes before adding the vegetable stock, cornflour, thyme and parsley. Simmer until it becomes thick and rich.
- Fill the pie dishes with the lentils and cut out two pie lids from the puff pastry. Add the lids to the dishes and press down around the edges. Brush with plant based spread and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until til golden brown (give them another brush halfway through).
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!