Cajun Bean and Lentil Soup
This hearty lentil and bean soup is quick and easy to make and has the warming flavours of the Cajun spices, perfect for a winter’s day or when tinned soup just won’t do!
Suitable for vegans
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Cajun-Style Lentils & Red Kidney Beans
- 400g tin of Cannellini beans
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Fresh bread
1. Combine the chopped tomatoes with the vegetable stock in a pan and heat through (blitz this with a blender if you want a smoother soup)
2. Drain the cannellini beans and add to the pan with the Spicy Cajun-style lentils and red kidney beans, heat until piping hot.
3. Serve the soup with some fresh bread and a sprinkle of chopped parsley
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!