Cajun-Style lentil Baked Potato
So satisfying, tasty and filling! This simple jacket potato topped with Cajun-Style Lentils and Kidney Beans is the perfect hearty lunch or a fuss free mid-week dinner. Unlike other potatoes, sweet potatoes count towards one of your five a day, as can lentils and kidneys beans, so this recipe is great for getting those extra portions in, without even noticing!
Suitable for gluten-free and vegans
- 1 x sweet potato
- 1 x 250g Merchant Gourmet Spicy Cajun-Style Lentils and Red Kidney Beans
- 20g Plant-based cheddar, grated
- 20g crispy fried onions
- 1 Tbsp fresh herbs
- olive oil
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2.Lightly oil the sweet potato, then put straight in the and roast for 45 minutes.
3. Once baked, cut the sweet potato in two and scoop the potato out of the skin.
4. In a bowl, mix the potato flesh with the Cajun-Style Lentils and Red Kidney beans. Fill the skins back up with the mixture and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Place back in the oven until the cheese has melted.
5. Once ready, top the hot filled potato with crispy fried onions and a sprinkle of herbs, serve and enjoy!
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!