Cajun-Style Lentil Topped Nachos
A perfect sharer full of fun, spicy Cajun flavour. Lentils are a great plant-based mince replacement in recipes such as ‘dirty’ nachos, and this is a quick and simple recipe is a great one for rustling up on movie night.
This recipe is a source of fibre and low in sugar
Suitable for vegans
- 1 x 250g Pouch of Merchant Gourmet Spicy Cajun-Style Lentils and Red Kidney Beans
- 180g bag of corn tortilla chips
- 100g tomato salsa
- 30g of plant-based cheddar, grated
- A handful of crispy fried onions
- 1/2 tsp of chopped coriander
- Plant-based sour cream
- Half a chopped red onion
- 20g of sliced cherry tomatoes
1. Pre-heat your oven to 230°C / gas mark 8.
2. Place the tortilla chips in a heat proof bowl and warm in the oven on the upper middle shelf for a few minutes.
3. Heat the Merchant Gourmet Spicy Cajun-Style Lentils & Red Kidney Beans in a microwave or pan as instructed on the pack, then poor over the tortilla chips.
4. Top the lentils with the cheese and place back in the oven until just melted.
5. Once the cheese has melted, top with tomato salsa, cherry tomatoes, crispy onions, red onion, coriander and sour cream (in order of your preference!)
6. Serve and enjoy!
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!