Dinner doesn’t get much easier than this. Use mixed variety tomatoes to give it that extra pop of colour and mix up the veggies to use whatever you have in your fridge. Great as a main meal for 2, or serves 4 as a side – perfect with charred corn or fritters.
Suitable for vegans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 x 250g pouches of Merchant Gourmet Spicy Cajun-style Lentils & Kidney Beans
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- 150g mixed colour tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 (180 fan). Put the onion and courgette on a roasting tray with the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake for 15 minutes or until softened and starting to char in places.
- Stir through the lentils, then return to the oven for a further 5 minutes until heated through.
- Serve with the avocado, tomatoes and spring onion scattered on top.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!