“This is a completely new dip, I’ve called it hummus to give a point of reference, but the chestnut puree offers a luxuriously smooth texture that a chickpea could only dream of. I’ve added some peppers for a little colour and bite, but it can easily be eaten without them, or with herbs, more garlic, chilli, orange… I look forward to further experiments. Serve it with your favourite vegetables, I surround the dip with a carnival of colour.”
By Alex MacKay
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
For the Hummus
- 200g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Chestnut Puree
- 75g tinned (cooked) red peppers
- 2 medium sized cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 2 tbsp tahini (optional)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Baby plum tomatoes
- Pita bread
- Boiled Eggs
- Spring Onions
Prep ahead The hummus will keep, carefully stored, in the fridge for at least 2 days.
- Put all of the ingredients together in your food processor. Blend for 90 seconds or until it is completely smooth. Season to taste with salt.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!