A quick and simple recipe to add a festive feel to your morning. Spread on toast, dollop onto pancakes, or eat from the jar with a spoon! It’s nearly Christmas after all. Keeps for up to 6 months in the fridge.
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100ml water
- 1 x 200g Merchant Gourmet Chestnut Puree
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 25ml maple syrup
- Put the sugar and water into a large pan. Heat gently and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the puree, vanilla extract and maple syrup and whisk for a minute or two until smooth.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until thickened significantly. Be sure to watch the mixture as it may pop and splutter a little.
- Pour into sterilised jars and allow to cool. Place in the fridge.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!