Chickpea Dhal with Aromatic Indian Rice and Lentils
This is the perfect Meat free Monday dish with lots of flavour
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
For the Dhal
- 1 x 250g pouch Merchant Gourmet Aromatic Indian Rice & Lentils
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp garam masala or curry powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 onion, chopped
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- Chilli Flakes
- 4 tsp tomato purée
1.In a large pan heat olive oil. Add all dried spices for a few minutes before adding in chopped onions and chilli flakes
2.Cook down for 8-10 minutes until brown. Add in chickpeas and stir thoroughly until fully covered with spices. Stir in tomato puree and 2-3 tbsp water and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes
3. Warm the Merchant Gourmet Aromatic Indian Rice & Lentils in a pan with a dash of water
4. Chickpea ‘dhal’ can now be added to the Indian rice and lentils and served. Enjoy!
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!