Chilli and Lime Grilled Sardines with Rainbow Rice
The Wholegrain Rice & Lentils in our Rainbow Rice pouch are known for their vitamins and minerals content. This recipe has an added protein from the sardines, a slight kick of chilli and fresh of limes that make a great contrast of flavour. The addition of nuts makes for extra texture too!
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Rainbow Rice & Green Lentils
- 2 x Red Medium Onions Finely Sliced
- 2 x Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 x Tbsp Butter
- 2 x Tbsp of Brazil Nuts, broken
- 2 x Fresh Sardines
- 200ml of Plain Yoghurt
- 1 x Garlic Head, minced
- A handful of Coriander, 25g
- 1 x Tbsp of Fresh Lime and Zest
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Red Chilli to Decorate
1. First, to make the caramelised onions, coat the bottom of the pan with a mix of olive oil and butter. Heat the pan over medium-high heat until the oil is hot.
2. Add the onion and stir to coat them with oil. Then spread the onions out evenly over the pan and let cook, occasionally stirring, about 5-7 minutes. When golden and soft add one teaspoon of sugar and mix until caramelised.
4. Then, the make the dressing blitz the Brazil Nuts, Plain Yoghurt, Garlic, Coriander, and lime juice and zest in the blender and put to one side.
5. Next, place the sardines on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, whilst they’re cooking, heat the Rainbow Rice according to the pack instructions.
6. Finally, assemble your dish by serving the heated Rainbow rice on a dish, scatter the nuts and caramelised onions and place the sardines on top and finish with the lime and coriander dressing and garnish with lime and chilli.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!