Christmas Freekeh Bread with Chestnut Butter
These crusty Christmas constellations are a feast of flavour and fun- filled with our favourite festive ingredients and a centre of gooey brie.
By Alex Mackay
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 125 Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Freekeh
- 90g Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnuts
- 350g strong bread flour plus extra for dusting
- 150g spelt or whole wheat flour
- 125g dried cranberries, chopped
- 12g fast action dried yeast
- 2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 heaped tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 heaped tbsp grated orange zest
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra for baking sheet
- 310ml warm water
- 120g plant-based brie or camembert
- 90g Merchant Gourmet Chestnut Puree
- 65g unsalted plant-based butter
- 2g salt flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!