Cosy Beef Nachos with Spanish Style Grains and Rice
These cosy beef nachos make the perfect warming, comfort dish without the guilt. This dish can be dairy free if you leave off the cheese and yoghurt!
By Em Sheldon
- Tablespoon of olive or coconut oil
- 500g low fat mince beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- Handful of mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 2 teaspoons of hot chilli powder
- 1 red chilli de-seeded (unless you like it extra hot in which case leave in the seeds)
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 300 fluid oz of beef stock
- 100 fluid oz of red wine
- 400g x tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 x tablespoons of tomato puree
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 210g tin of kidney beans
- 2 x pouches of Merchant Gourmet Smoky Spanish Style Grains and Rice
- Greek yoghurt
- Grated cheese
- 200g tortilla chips
1.Warm the tablespoon of oil in a pan and brown the mince beef.
2.Then add all the cumin, coriander, chilli powder, diced pepper and onion, the sliced mushrooms, tomato paste, red chilli and garlic and fry for another 10 minutes.
3.Turn the browned meat into a large casserole dish and add the beef stock, tin of chopped tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper, caster sugar and oregano.
4.Stir all the ingredients together, cover and cook in the oven at a temperature of 200 degrees for an hour and a half.
5. After 45 mins, drain and add the kidney beans.
6. After an hour and a half, remove from the oven and serve in a dish with rice, which has been cooked according to instructions and nachos piled on top and scatter with grated cheese and swirl on some Greek yoghurt.
7.Tuck in and enjoy!
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!