Courgette, Pepper and Halloumi Salad on a bed of Puy Lentils
A deliciously wholesome, summery salad – just the thing for a quick lunch.
Suitable for gluten-free and vegetarians
- 1 x pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 small or 1 large courgette, sliced very thinly lengthwise (a vegetable peeler is useful for this)
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 100g Roasted Red Pepper in Oil, sliced into 1cm strips
- 125g Halloumi Cheese, cut into 1/2cm slices
- 1 tbsp Veg Oil
- Handful of Rocket leaves
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
1. Mix the Puy lentils with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil, and season to taste.
2. Heat 1tbsp of vegetable oil in a large frying pan, and gently cook the garlic and courgette ribbons until softened. Pour them into a bowl, and leave to cool.
3. Slice the halloumi. Heat another 1tbsp veg oil in the pan, and fry the halloumi on both sides, until evenly browned.
4. Arrange a bed of Rocket leaves on two plates, and divide the seasoned lentils on top. Pop the courgettes, peppers and halloumi on top of the lentils and season to taste. Serve immediately, whilst the halloumi is still hot!
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!