Crispy Chicken with a Parmesan and Polenta Crust
Polenta doesn’t just make a wonderful alternative to potato or pasta, it also makes an amazing, crisp coating for poultry or fish. It’s so much easier than making up your own breadcrumbs too. Paired with this tasty coleslaw, this dish is addictive.
- 100g Merchant Gourmet Polenta
- 4 tbsp plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 free-range egg, whisked
- 1 large free-range chicken breast
- 50g freshly and finely grated parmesan
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the coleslaw
- 4 small radishes, top and tailed
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ small bulb of fennel, thinly sliced
- 100g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 100g white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 1 ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp celery seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges to serve
1.Cut the chicken breast into thin strips of roughly the same size. Mix the Polenta, parmesan and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Dip each chicken strip, first in the seasoned flour, then the whisked egg and then in the Polenta mixture until well covered. Set aside on a large plate
2.Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the chicken for 4-5 mins on each side, over a medium high heat, until the chicken has cooked through and the outside is crispy and golden. Season to taste
3.Meanwhile, mix all the coleslaw ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. We’re afraid you’re going to have to get your hands dirty here! Taste and season. You may find this needs quite a bit of salt. Serve the salad on a plate with the crispy chicken strips and some lime wedges
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!