Cumin Roasted Carrot Ribbon Salad
These quick roast carrots are a game changer and perfect for a speedy work lunch. Make it vegan with a plantbased yoghurt, or add an additional portion of protein for a more substantial dinner.
By Recipe by @SpoonfulofHappy_ Photography
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free and vegetarians
- 1 x 250g Pouch of Merchant Gourmet Aromatic Persian-Style Quinoa & Lentils
- 2 large carrots, outer peel removed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 150g cucumber, cut into rounds
- 3 tbsp plain yoghurt
- Zest and juice of ½ small lemon
- Optional: pomegranate seeds to serve
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Preheat the oven to 180 fan (200 C)
- Peel the carrots into ribbons, then chop any remaining core into matchsticks and spread evenly across a large baking tray. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of the cumin and 1 tbsp olive oil, then mix until coated. Roast for 10 minutes, flipping half way
- Meanwhile, put the yoghurt, lemon zest and juice, and the remaining 1 tsp cumin into a jar with a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp olive oil. Pop the lid on and shake to combine. Add 1-2 tbsp water until you reach the desired consistency
- To serve, mix the grains, carrots and cucumber together, then place into bowls. Top with the yoghurt dressing and a handful of pomegranate seeds if desired
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!