French Lentil and Chorizo Soup with Sourdough Croutons and Rocket
This comforting bowl of chunky lentil soup will have all of your guests asking for the recipe! Use veggie stock and skip the chorizo for a vegetarian version of the dish.
Suitable for dairy-free and gluten-free
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Tomatoey French Puy & Green Lentils
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 small celery stick, finely diced
- 450ml chicken stock
- 150g cooking chorizo, sliced into 1cm pieces
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp good quality red wine vinegar
- 2 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
- olive oil to drizzle
- fresh basil leaves
- fresh rocket leaves
- fresh cracked pepper
- Warm a large pot and add oil
- Sauté the onion, carrot, and celery for 5-8 minutes. Add the stock and lentils, simmer for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, warm a pan and cook chorizo for 2-3 minutes, pour off excess fat and glaze with vinegar, swirl until coated and add to soup
- Serve in bowls and top with a crouton drizzled with oil, topped with the rocket and basil leaves and fresh cracked pepper
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!