Ginger, Garlic and Soy Broth with Porcini Mushrooms and Beluga Lentils
“Ever since I went on an eating holiday to Japan I have been a huge fan of broth, it is satisfying, refreshing and filling at the same time. Lentils do the job that you often see noodles do in broth by providing enough body to make it into a meal.”
By Alex Mackay
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 125g Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Beluga lentils (half a pouch)
- 4 tsp grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & thinly sliced
- Half a packet (12g) Merchant Gourmet Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 750ml Vegetable or Miso stock (For a non -veggie version you can make this with any meat stock)
- 1 medium (150g) carrot, thinly sliced or spiralized
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, sliced 1cm
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 a mild red chilli, de-seeded & finely chopped
- 4 tbsp sliced coriander
- 2 lime quarters to serve on the side
1.Start with the broth. Get a medium saucepan. Add the soy sauce, 2 tsp ginger, the garlic, the Porcini and the stock. Bring to the boil. Lower the heat to medium. Simmer for 1 minute
2.Add the carrots to the pan. Cover. Bring back to the boil. Take off the lid. Boil for 1 minute. Add the salad onions and lentils. Bring back to the boil
3.Add 2 tsp ginger, the chilli and the coriander. Serve with the lime quarters
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!