Glorious Grains & Vegan Pesto Stuffed Peppers
These super healthy yet filling stuffed peppers always go down a storm. Minimal effort, cooked in one tray, full of goodness and Mediterranean flavours this recipe ticks a lot of boxes. Once the pesto is whizzed up, simply mix together all your stuffing ingredients, load it into the halved peppers and then it’s just time in the oven required. You could also cheat and make this recipe even easier by buying Vegan pesto.
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
For the Pepper Mix
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Glorious Grains
- 200g pitted black olives
- 200g sun-dried tomatoes
- 60g pinenuts
- 4 tbsp Vegan Pesto plus extra to serve
- Fresh basil to serve
For the Vegan Pesto
- 60g Fresh Basil
- 60g Pinenuts
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 grinds black pepper
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Halve the peppers and remove and seeds and white membrane.
- Whizz together the ingredients for the Vegan pesto
- Combine the Glorious Grains, 4 tbsp pesto, the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts in a bowl together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spoon the grains mix into the peppers equally, cover with baking parchment or foil and roast for 35 minutes.
- Remove the parchment or foil and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Add a tsp of the vegan pesto to the top of each pepper and a few fresh basil leaves if you like.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!