Grilled peach, quinoa, mozzarella and prosciutto salad
Sweet peaches, creamy mozzarella, salty prosciutto and nutty quinoa come together in this simple salad that celebrates summer stone fruit season.
Suitable for gluten-free
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Red & White Quinoa
- 2 peaches or nectarines, stones removed and sliced into wedges
- Olive oil
- 2 large handfuls lambs lettuce
- 1 ball mozzarella, torn roughly
- 6-8 slices of prosciutto
For the dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 25g basil
- 150ml Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- Juice ¼ lemon
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
1.Heat a grill pan or your BBQ and brush the slices of peach on both sides with oil. Grill on both sides until softened and charred, about 5-10 minutes depending on how ripe they are.
2.Put all the ingredients for the dressing in to a blender and blend until well combined. Taste for seasoning.
3.In a large mixing bowl toss the peaches with the rest of the salad ingredients. Dress the salad and taste for seasoning. Store any leftover dressing in a jar in a cool place.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!