Herby Lentils with a Lemon Yogurt Dressing, Pine Nuts & Parmesan
This creation can easily be served as a deliciously filling main meal by itself, with a few slices of crusty white bread to dip into the herby dressing. Otherwise, add to the BBQ’d meats and cheeses of your choice for a weekend feast.
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free and vegetarians
- 2 x pouches of Merchant Gourmet Puy Lentils
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- Olive Oil
- A bunch of parsley
- A small bunch of chives
- A bunch of basil
- 4 handful of pine nuts
- Parmesan (use vegan Parmesan for plant-based recipe)
For the dressing
- 8 tbsp natural yoghurt (use soya yoghurt for plant-based recipe)
- Zest & juice of a small lemon
- A splash of garlic infused olive oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper, for seasoning
- Rinse and drain the spinach and rocket then roughly chop. Heat a pan on a medium heat, add the spinach and rocket and let it wilt for a minute or two. Add a splash of oil and then the lentils, stirring to combine everything and heat it through for a minute or two. Take off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature
- Meanwhile, chop the parsley (the stalks as well) and chives very finely. Tear the basil leaves roughly
- In a dry pan on a medium heat, toast the pine nuts until golden and fragrant, keeping an eye on them and stirring regularly so they don’t burn. This should take about 5 minutes
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and season to taste
- When the lentils are cool, stir through the herbs and season well. Pile them onto a serving plate and drizzle generously with the dressing. Scatter over the toasted pine nuts and plenty of Parmesan
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!