Herby Puy Lentil Conchiglie with a Black Garlic Gremolata and Crunchy Breadcrumbs
Lentils are an excellent source of protein and together with the pasta, make a satisfying main meal. The combination of fresh herbs and seasonal vegetables, make this a real winter warmer! You will probably have leftovers for lunch the next day, which is great, as this dish is also delicious when eaten cold.
I served this with a choice of gremolata or crunchy breadcrumbs but these are both optional. Alternatively have both!
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils
- 1 small brown onion (approx. 150g), diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 125g carrots, diced
- 85g cavolo nero, stalk removed & shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 75ml red wine
- 5g each of sage, thyme & rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ litre of vegan beef stock/vegetable stock
- 200g conchiglie rigati pasta
For the gremolata
- 1 clove black garlic
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- Zest of a lemon
- 20g flat leaf parsley
- A glug of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
For the crunchy breadcrumbs
- 1 clove black garlic, made into a paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 10g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 40g panko breadcrumbs
For the Gremolata
For the Crunchy Breadcrumbs
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!