Chocolate chestnut tiffin
These chocolate tiffins are the perfect melt in the mouth treat alongside a cuppa. Wrap in baking paper and tie with string for a thoughtful Christmas gift, or share with friends and family on a cosy winter afternoon.
20 Minutes prep - 2 hours in fridge
Suitable for gluten-free and vegans
- 150g unsalted plant-based butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 25g cocoa powder
- 150g biscuits
- 1 x 180g Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnuts (chopped)
- 75g plant-based milk chocolate
- 150g plant-based dark chocolate (70%)
- Grease and line a 20×20 tiffin tin.
- Put the butter, sugar and syrup into a large saucepan and heat gently, stirring until fully melted and combined. Sift in the cocoa powder and stir until smooth.
- Put the biscuits into a sandwich bag, seal, and bash with a rolling pin to break them up into small pieces.
- Add the broken biscuits and chopped chestnuts to the pan and stir until fully coated. Tip the mixture out into the baking tray and press down firmly using the back of a spoon to ensure the tiffin squares hold together once cut.
- Meanwhile, pop the milk and dark chocolate into a microwaveable bowl and heat gently for 10-20 seconds at a time, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate here!
- Once melted, pour over the top of the tiffin and spread out evenly with a spoon or spatula. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set. Cut into equal sized squares and store in the fridge.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!