Spiced Halloumi Skewers
For a slightly spiced take on the classic Halloumi skewers try this quick, aromatically spiced recipe.
Suitable for vegetarians
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Spicy Mexican Style Grains & Pulses
- 250g halloumi, cut in to 24 cubes
- 2 orange pepper, cut in to 24 squares
- 2 red onion, cut in the 24 pieces
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 4 tsp garam masala
- A pinch of sea salt and black pepper
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
1. Soak 8 small wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes (this stops them from burning)
2. Put the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Thread on to the 8 skewers
3. Put under the grill on a medium heat for 7 minutes, turning half way through
4. Heat the Mexican Style Grains & Pulses in a pan with a dash of water and serve immediately with the skewers
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!