Kimchi, Quinoa & Butternut Squash Cups
These delicious Kimchi, Quinoa & Butternut Squash Cups! They are packed with wholesome ingredients including whole grains, nuts, seeds, and fermented veggies, which work together to keep your gut, mind & tastebuds happy!
Recipe by @YumchiKimchi
Suitable for vegans
- 1 medium Butternut Squash
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 100g Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Red & White Quinoa
- 100g Mushrooms, small dice
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sprig Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 100g Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnuts
- 50g Dried Cranberries (plus extra for serving)
- 1 tbsp Tamari / Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Yumchi Napa Cabbage Kimchi, finely chopped (plus extra for serving)
- 2 tbsp Ground Chia + 6 tbsp Water
- 60g Buckwheat Flour
- Nooj Cashew Paste (for serving)
1. Preheat the oven to 200*C. Peel & slice the butternut squash into small cubes (around 2 cups) and steam until soft. Spread the cubes evenly in a roasting tin with olive oil, salt and pepper before roasting for 20-30 minutes until really tender and golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to packet instructions. Fry off the mushrooms and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil for 10 minutes, then add the rosemary, chestnuts, dried cranberries, tamari and cooked quinoa. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Stir the chia with the water and leave to form a gel for 5 minutes.
4. Place the mashed squash in a bowl and add in the mushroom-grain mix. Pour in the chia gel, kimchi and flour. Stir really well to a thick mix.
5. Spray 12 muffin holes with oil spray. Divide the mix into 12 pieces, roll into balls and press into the muffin holes. Press down to compact the cups and bake for 25 minutes until golden and crisp.
6. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before carefully removing from the tray.
7. Serve topped with cashew cream (made with Nooj Food Cashew Paste + water) , extra Yumchi Napa Cabbage Kimchi and dried cranberries.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!