Lentil & Quinoa Persian Falafels
These veggie falafels are perfect for batch cooking and using for lunches throughout the week. Tasty and wholesome, they’re perfect for adding flavour and substance to your salads or wraps.
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 160g Pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Beluga Lentils
- 160g Pouch of Merchant Gourmet Aromatic Persian Style Quinoa and Lentils
- 1 large handful chopped coriander; stalks removed
- 1 large handful chopped parsley; stalks removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 175c. To a food processor, simply add all the ingredients except the flour and blend until the mixture starts to come together. It should still be slightly chunky so blend until everything is well mixed but be careful not to over blend! Add in the flour and blend again until evenly distributed.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into bite-sized balls and place on a lined or greased baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes (turning them over after 10) until golden brown and crisp on the outside. Best served with a very generous serving of hummus!
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!