Lettuce Cups with Spicy Cauliflower “Wings” & Piri Piri Rice
A punchy, plant-based take on an indulgent fried chicken dish.
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp soy
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp water
- ¾ tbsp everyday seasoning
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 x 250g Pouch of Merchant Gourmet Piri Piri Grains
- Spring onions
- baby gem lettuce
- Siracha or hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180c and add a sheet of baking paper to a tray.
- In a bowl, combine the tahini, soy, vinegar and tomato paste. Stir well before adding the water to thin the sauce a little. Chop up the cauliflower into small florets and cover in the sauce. Combine the flour, everyday seasoning and salt and pepper to season in a separate bowl and dip in the cauliflower pieces, making sure they’re well covered.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and crispy. Whilst these are baking, cook the Piri Piri Grains in a pan with a dash of water. To assemble, wash the lettuce and tear off large leaves to act as boats. To each lettuce cup, add a large spoonful of rice and add the crispy cauliflower. Drizzle over a little hot sauce or siracha and sprinkle on some chopped spring onions to finish.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!