Mexican Lentil Stew
A perfect meat-free Monday option, a hearty Mexican stew with a hint of spice.
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 x 250g pouch of Simply Cooked Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 shallots, diced
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- 1 can (400g) of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml boiling water
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 0.5tsp of each cumin, garlic granules and paprika
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 jalapeños, diced
1. Add the oil to a pan and once hot, add the shallots and mushrooms and gently cook for 3 minutes
2. Add the lentils and stir well
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, water, coriander, tomatoes, cumin, garlic and paprika and jalapeños and simmer for 10 minutes. If it starts getting a bit too dry, add a little more water
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!