Mexican-style Chicken on a bed of grains
Incredibly simple, colourful and a real crowd-pleaser. With the Mexican grains ready seasoned and prepared for you, all you’ve got to do is cook the topping!
Suitable for dairy-free
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 red & 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 x boneless, skinless Chicken breasts, sliced into 1cm strips
- 1/2 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 x pouch of Merchant Gourmet Mexican Inspired Grains
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Tomato salsa, sour cream, chopped avocados
1. Heat 1tbsp vegetable oil in a large frying pan, before sautéing the peppers in the oil for 5 minutes. Once the peppers are suitably soft, add the remaining ingredients (apart from the grains) and cook over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
2. While the chicken mixture is cooking, heat the Mexican grains (follow the instructions on the pack). Make sure they’re hot through.
3. Once hot, pop the grains into a bowl and top with the chicken – then sprinkle with chopped coriander. This dish also goes brilliantly with a side of tomato salsa, sour cream and chopped avocados!
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!