Mexican Style Grain Salad
“A great feast of flavours and colour, this is a glorious salad to add a little sunshine to your lunchtime. For variation you can add avocado, plant-based cheese, or sundried tomatoes and onward with your imagination or what you have handy …
If you want to turn it into a burrito of sorts, I found some sweet potato wraps which felt like the perfect casing to surround this salad”
By Merchant Gourmet Cook, Alex Mackay
One 396g serving of this recipe is:
- Low in saturated fat
- Low in sugar
- A source of protein
- A source of fibre
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 250g Merchant Gourmet Spicy Mexican-Style Grains & Pulses
- 1 large lime
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 carrot, 100g, peeled and grated or shredded
- 125g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 140-160g (smallest tin, size depends on brand) tinned corn with it’s juice
- 4 tbsp plant-based sour cream or yoghurt
- 10g coriander leaves and stalks
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Tip the Mexican-Style grains and pulses into a medium sized bowl. Grate the lime zest over the top. Squeeze the lime and add 3 tbsp of juice and the sugar to the grains. Stir well.
- Add the grated carrot, baby plum tomatoes and corn.
- Spoon the salad onto plates or into containers. Top with the sour cream or yoghurt, coriander and pumpkin seeds.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!