Mexican Style Nourish Bowl
A quick and easy nourishing bowl of veggies, perfect for mid week meal that also packs a punch of flavour!
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 300g potatoes
- Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 x Pouch Merchant Gourmet Mexican Style Grains & Pulses
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice from half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Tbsp olive oil
- Large handful of kale per serving
- Chilli flakes to garnish
For the Dressing
- Tbsp light tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic- grated
- Tbsp honey or agave syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Preheat your oven to 200c. Chop the potatoes
into bite-sized chunks and pop these onto a
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle over the
spices and a little salt and pepper.
- Pop these into the oven to roast for around 40
- Meanwhile, mash together the avocado, lemon
juice, olive oil and salt & pepper.
- To make the dressing, mix together all of the
ingredients and add a drizzle of water if
needed to create a pourable consistency.
- Pour a little of the dressing over the kale and
massage this in.
- Cook the Mexican style grains according to the
instructions on the packet, then assemble your
bowls by layering the grains, kale, cooked
potatoes and mashed avocado.
- Drizzle over a generous helping of the dressing
and finish with a pinch of crushed chilli flakes.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!