Omega 3 Super Grain Salad
“Mackerel and beetroot are one of those classic combinations I keep going back to, like strawberries and cream or steak a. This super speedy, super salad is food that you can feel doing you good as you eat it which also tastes like a treat, here, healthy and delicious go hand in hand as they always should. You can make this salad into a delicious wrap with with hummus, horseradish cream, yoghurt, or simply a slathering of sour cream”
By Merchant Gourmet Cook, Alex Mackay
One 364g serving of this recipe is
- Low in sugar
- A source of protein
- A source of fibre
- 250g Pouch of Merchant Gourmet Smoky Spanish-Style Grains & Rice
- Grated zest and juice of half a lemon (2 tbsp juice)
- 120g cooked beetroot, grated
- 1 small apple, grated
- 2 smoked mackerel filets (about 90g each)
- 40g watercress
- 2 tbsp linseeds
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- Tip the Smoky Spanish-Style Grains & Rice into a medium sized bowl. Mix in the lemon zest and juice. Stir in the the grated beetroot and apple. Gently add the watercress.
- Flake the smoked mackerel over the top. Scatter the seeds onto the salad and serve.
- Alternatively, layer into a wrap and roll to serve
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!