Pea, feta and pesto grain frittata
A lovely, light recipe – perfect for lunch outside in the sun!
Suitable for vegetarians
- 1 x 250g pouch Merchant Gourmet Pesto-ey Italian-Infused Grains
- 2 generous tbsp of butter
- ½ red onion, sliced finely into half-moons
- 8 free range eggs
- 120g frozen peas, defrosted
- 100g feta, crumbled into chunks
- A handful fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- Crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp fresh pesto
- Mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower)
- Fresh basil
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a frying pan and sweat the onion with a pinch of salt until soft and translucent. Allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Stir in the grains (using a fork to break up any lumpy bits), the peas, the feta and the basil. Add the onions from the pan and stir to combine.
- Heat your grill to 190oC.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to the pan and melt gently, tilting the pan so the surface is covered. Pour in the egg mixture and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes before transferring to the grill where it will need another 6-8 minutes. Poke a knife or fork through the middle to check it is cooked through then remove from the heat and allow it to come to room temperature before lifting it out of the pan and slicing into wedges.
- Top each slice with a dollop of crème fraîche, a generous drizzle of pesto, a scattering of seeds and some fresh basil. Serve with a side salad or as part of a picnic/ mixed spread with other tarts, cheeses, cold meats and roasted vegetable salads. Leftovers are nice cold the next day.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!