Persian Breakfast Hash
This is a Persian take on Turkish eggs and is a fantastic way to switch up your breakfast routine. It’s high in protein and packed full of nutrients, making it the perfect post-workout fuel or lazy weekend brunch.
By Recipe by @SpoonfulofHappy_ Photography
Suitable for gluten-free and vegetarians
- 1 x 250g Pouch of Merchant Gourmet Aromatic Persian-Style Quinoa & Lentils
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 100g chopped kale
- 2 large eggs
- 200g plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp sumac
- Zest of ½ small lemon
- Optional: bread to serve
- Optional: fresh coriander to serve
- Mix the yoghurt, sumac and lemon zest in a bowl with 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Set aside
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Fry the sweet potato for 8-10 minutes, or until starting to soften. Add the grains and kale and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until the grains are hot through
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Once hot, crack the eggs into the pan and fry until the whites have cooked through but the yolk is still runny
- To serve, spread the yoghurt evenly between two bowls. Top with the sweet potato hash and then the egg. Sprinkle with a little more sumac and serve with coriander and fresh bread if desired.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!