Persian Glorious Grains, Sweet Potato and Chickpea Vegan Salad
This hearty Vegan salad is packed full of Persian spice. Ready in less than 30 minutes and using just one tray, it’s not only quick and easy to throw together, thanks to the Glorious Grains by Merchant Gourmet and chickpeas, this winter salad is also a great source of protein and fibre.
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Glorious Grains
- 300g (approx 2) sweet potatoes
- 400g can chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 lemon halved
- 3 tbsp flaked almonds
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Fresh mint and/or coriander
Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /var/www/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777
- Drain the chickpeas and lay on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Put an 180 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes approx 2cm square. Add them to the baking tray with the chickpeas together with the spices, garlic and lemon halves. Drizzle with the olive oil and give everything on the tray and toss.
- Return the tray to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the flaked almonds to the same tray and return to the oven so the almonds toast.
- Either warm the Glorious Grains in a saucepan with a splash of water for a couple of minutes or tear a 2cm opening at the top of the pouch and microwave for 45 seconds at 900.
- Combine all the ingredients from the tray with the Glorious Grains in a bowl and finish with fresh mint, coriander, pomegranate seeds and a squeeze of the roasted lemons.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!