Persian Inspired Butternut Squash & Halloumi
This one pan lunch is simple, filling and packed full of flavours. The butternut squash and halloumi go perfectly with the subtle spices of the Persian quinoa and lentils.
Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians
- ½ large butternut squash cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g plant-based halloumi cut into 2cm cubes
- Olive oil
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Aromatic Persian-Style Quinoa & Lentils
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Place the butternut squash on a roasting tray and drizzle in a little olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes before removing from the oven.
- Add the cubed halloumi to the roasting tray and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes, turning once.
- Stir the Persian Style Quinoa and Lentils into the halloumi and butternut squash, with a splash of water. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from the oven. Season, drizzle in a little olive oil and honey and top with rocket leaves.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!