Persian lamb and Sweet Potato Tagine
This simple, one-pot tagine is perfect for a weeknight dinner. Hearty and warm, it’s great for colder evenings and a fantastic way to enjoy the Persian grains.
Recipe by @SpoonfulofHappy_ Photography
Suitable for gluten-free
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Aromatic Perisan-Style Quinoa & Lentils
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 250g lamb leg, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- 200g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 250ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 50g pistachios, roughly chopped
- Handful of mint, finely chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a casserole dish or heavy bottomed pan with a lid
- Put the lamb into a bowl and sprinkle with the cumin and cinnamon. Shake to coat, then add to the pan, cooking on a high heat for a few minutes until brown all over but not cooked through. Remove and set aside
- Add the onion and sweet potato to the pan, stir and cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat, or until the onions are starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes
- Add the tomato puree, stir to coat, then add the stock and stir again until everything is combined. Add the lid, reduce the heat and leave to simmer cook for 35 minutes, or until the lamb is tender
- Add the grains sachet and 100-150ml water, cover again and cook for 10 minutes
- To serve, divide between two bowls and top with the chopped pistachios and mint
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!