Peruvian Inspired Quinoa, Avocado & Corn Salad
A warm, tasty salad full of the flavours of South America!
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Peruvian Style Grains
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 75g sweetcorn, fresh or frozen
- 1 large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ red chili
- Pumpkin seeds or chopped nuts to finish
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and once hot, add the corn and chilli. Cook for about 5 minutes until nicely browned and toasted.
- Place the corn in a bowl to the side and return the pan to the heat, this time adding the Peruvian grains and a dash of water. Cook until soft.
- To assemble, add the grains to a large serving bowl and mix in chopped coriander, avocado and cooked corn.
- Cover in the olive oil and lime juice and stir together well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, add a scattering of pumpkin seeds or chopped nuts for a little extra crunch!
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!