Piri Piri Paella with Smoked Tofu
A smoky South American inspired plant-based paella, delicious and wholesome!
Suitable for dairy-free, vegans and vegetarians
- 1 x 250g Merchant Gourmet Piri Piri Grains
- 1 block firm smoked tofu, cubed
- ½ cup peas
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 5 large vine tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large frying pan on a medium heat. Once hot, add the crushed garlic and chopped onion and cook until brown and soft.
- Add in the red pepper and cook for a couple of extra minutes.
- Next, add in the cubed tofu with the smoked paprika and quartered vine tomatoes. Cook down until this is all nice and soft. Now add the Piri Piri rice and ½ cup frozen peas. Keep stirring for a few more minutes until the rice is nice and soft before squeezing in the lemon juice and serving.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!