PLANT BASED CAJUN LENTIL TACOS
When you want a delicious, filling and healthy dinner that can be made in 30 minutes, this vegan Mexican-style feast is exactly what you need! Crunchy tacos filled with a refreshing chunky homemade salsa, topped with a spicy, chunky lentil mix is the perfect combo – and great fun for assembling and enjoying with friends.
This recipe is low in salt, sugar and saturated fat and is a source of fibre
Suitable for vegans
For the filling
- 1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Spicy Cajun-Style Lentils & Red Kidney Beans
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 6 mushrooms, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Extra salt and pepper (optional)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
For the Salsa
- ¼ long cucumber, chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt & black pepper (optional)
- 8 corn tacos
- Grated vegan cheese
- Lettuce leaves
1. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the mushrooms and red pepper for 10 minutes until softened.
2. Add in the Cajun lentil mix and continue to cook for a few minutes to heat through. Add in extra seasoning and chilli flakes, if required.
3. Meanwhile make the salsa by mixing all of the ingredients together and chill in the fridge until needed.
4. Place the lettuce leaves in one bowl, grated cheese in another, heat up the tacos until golden then serve! It’s nice to have lettuce leaves at the bottom, topped with salsa, lentil mix and finished with cheese. Yum!
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!