A different kind of chip, with just as much taste. The perfect accompaniment for a Friday night dinner.
By Alex Mackay
1 hr 30 minutes
- 200g one minute polenta, plus extra to roll the chips in
- 30g garlic paste
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 100g grated cheddar
- 50g unsalted butter
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan add the stock and polenta. Whisk non-stop until there are no lumps at all. Turn on the heat and bring to the boil. Stir for 4 minutes
- Take the pan off the heat, stir in the cheese and butter. Season to taste with salt & pepper
- Spread the polenta into a 2.5cm layer in an oiled tray or container. Set in the fridge for a minimum of one hour or up to 2 days
- Cut the hard polenta into 20 chips
- Roll in the extra polenta until well coated
- Deep fry in pre-heated fryer or a deep pan at 190c until the polenta chips are golden
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!