PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS STUFFED WITH SPINACH, QUINOA AND PANCETTA
These stuffed mushrooms are really tasty and can be served as either a starter or main course
- 4-6 Portobello mushrooms, (stalks removed and finely chopped)
- 100g Spinach (about half a bag)
- 125g of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Red & White Quinoa (half the pouch)
- 1 clove of Garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Crème fraiche
- Black pepper
- 130g Bacon lardons
- 4 x Merchant Gourmet Sun Dried tomatoes, sliced (use the ones in the oil, but remove from the oil)
- Handful of freshly grated Parmiggiano reggiano (or Pecorino as a vegetarian alternative)
- 2 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- 50g unsalted butter
1.Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2.Place the mushrooms onto a baking tray.
3.Place about a 1cm cubed knob of butter on each mushroom, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place into the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
4.In medium-large casserole pan, fry the bacon lardons, for about 4 minutes on a medium heat. They should contain enough fat, for no additional oil, but if they start to stick, add a little oil. Then add the finely chopped mushroom stalks and fry with the bacon for an additional minute until softened.
5.Remove the pan from the heat, and transfer the bacon and mushroom into a medium sized mixing bowl.
6.Put the pan back on a medium-low heat, melt 3-4 knobs of butter in it and add the spinach and finely chopped garlic, and allow to wilt, this takes about 2 minutes. Add the crème fraiche, and black pepper. Remove from the heat
7.Empty half the contents of the Quinoa into the mixing bowl containing the bacon and mushrooms and add the parsley, half the grated parmesan and the sliced sundried tomatoes.
8.Onto each baked mushroom, first place the wilted spinach, then a spoonful of the Quinoa/bacon mixture, followed by an extra sprinkling of the parmesan on top.
9.Place the mushrooms back in the oven, and cook for a further 6-7 minutes, until the top is golden and bubbling.
How'd you get on?
If it turned out well, why not take a quick snap of your masterpiece and share the love? Remember to tag us!
Got any suggestions or improvements or tips? Let us know!